Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15th

Day 15: Simply September

(Day 46: Accountable August, Day 78: Jenn in July, Day 107: Journey Continued June, Day 138: Made it May, Day 168: Appreciation April, Day 199: Mending March, Day 227: Fitness February, Day 258: No Junk Food January)

 “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.  It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.”

That is one of my many favorite quotes.  It takes an idea that is so sad and desolate sounding and adds a completely positive and revolutionary idea to it.  There is much and many who may have succeeded to offer up some sort of ‘box of darkness’ to our lives.  The important part is what we do with this box.  It is indeed a gift, albeit a potentially dangerous one, which can offer you the opportunity of a life time… but it’s up to you to choose.  In my opinion you can A. carry the box of dark sadness around with you or B. find a way to use it as the inspiration to overcome what fears or dismays the darkness itself contains.

I picked option B.  It hasn’t always been easy… there have been moment where I’ve found myself back pedaling, but all in all I’d have to thank this year’s journey for finally giving me the chance to annihilate the darkness from the remaining corners of the box!  It’s a liberating feeling to know that you are letting your true inner light shine thought! 

Since Simply September is all about just being me; the ‘journey me’ I have become along the way- I thought this was an important idea to share.  I couldn’t have made all the changes to my life without this someone’s gift of darkness, and oddly- for what it’s worth, I thank them for it!  Sounds crazy, but I’m sure some of you may understand. 

As always a big thank you to all those who are boxes of light in my life!  Much gratitude for always shining so brightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment