Friday, July 25, 2014

July 25th

Day 25: Jenn in July

(Day 55: Journey Continued June, Day 86: Made it May, Day 116: Appreciation April, Day 147: Mending March, Day 175: Fitness February, Day 206: No Junk Food January)

Twenty days later… I’ve had one soda.  Completely by accident!  A diet ginger ale decided to jump into my vodka last Friday.  Ooops. 

But in other news- weight loss still holds firm, haven’t lost or gained any this past month.  I have changed up my exercise and am working hard to stick with in the perimeters of healthy eating.  I know it’s just the first huge plateau I’ve hit along this journey.  Always reminding myself that now more than ever it is important to stay focused and on track!  And no matter what (outside of gaining it all back, lol) loosing fifty plus pounds in less than eight months is fantastic in my book!

The staying focused part is key … I’ve found my mind drifting lately.  All good thoughts and wonders, but I don’t want my minds idle wanderings to take me off track.  Hence, if I’m reviewing the same issues over and over perhaps it’s time to bring them to the fore front!  I summed up the contemplations as an early midlife crisis, hahaha!  Gave me a good giggle!  I guess with personal change and growth it can only lead to seeking bigger and better for all areas of life.  The problem comes with feeling ‘stuck’.  Though I know I’m not really stuck, more mentally mired down.  I need to give thoughts on financial, work and relationship situations considerable attention.  Mostly I know that my own mind is the one stopping me from achieving what I need [want].  If weight loss has taught me only one thing it would be your personal mindset, will power and faith to obtain a goal can make you (or break you).  You have to want it more than anything you’ve ever wanted in the world.  Only then do you find ways to move mountains and ford rivers.

That being said- it brings me back around to faith.  When I was finally able to let go of control and stop asking for what I wanted… that’s when things started happening.  It’s not that I didn’t make my own choices… God wasn’t sending me a delivery guy with egg white omelets every evening, lol.  I asked for the fortitude and will to make the best choices.  Temptations as always were around every corner.  The ‘devil’ was on his side saying “Hey it’s not delivery, it’s DiGiorno!”  It was my very own test of faith- in myself and in the power of allowing God in…  Now I can apply that lesson to the situations listed above that I’m considering.  Financially- do I really need to buy new nail polish or movie?  Work related- what tools do I need to do to help myself succeed?  Relationships- pray, continue to have faith and continue to build strong foundations with those around me who are an important part of my life.

I have given considerable thought to what August’s goals will be.  It seemed only right with the questions that won’t leave me alone that August be dubbed Accountable August.  Rules of engagement include saving approximately thirty percent of every dollar earned, reviewing and listing work skills and having faith.  With the work related thoughts I’d like to also take time to consider what it is I’d really like to pursue…  little scary and shocking to realize you’re thirty years old and your absolutely clueless as to what that may be, lol!

As always, forever grateful and thankful for all of you who have shared in on this journey with me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment