Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16th

Day 16: Jenn in July

(Day 46: Journey Continued June, Day 77: Made it May, Day 107: Appreciation April, Day 138: Mending March, Day 166: Fitness February, Day 197: No Junk Food January)

Day eleven of no soda… not so bad in all honesty! 

I have been conflicted with what to write about today.  Over this past half year I’ve touched on so many topics from diet, to exercise, to mental and spiritual well-being…  I’ve noted that over time as I go back and re-read my old posts it’s not so much that my opinion has changed, but it definitely has been broadened.  With each success and triumph I’ve learnt something new and likewise with every failure or mistake.  It’s all an ever evolving journey with the hope that I become a more centered being.

So here are a few viewpoints of where I’m at today.

SUCCESS:  That’s a tricky one!  Just when you reach a goal and feel you have success you realize there is so much more you can do!  There for the success of one’s life is infinite… and I REALLY like that thought!  Even in death the success of your life has the potential to live on in the world; gives you an amazing sense of immortality.  Mayhap I am a bit idealistic with my views, I think outside the box… But I feel most of us want to leave some sort of everlasting mark on this world and this could be the way we do it; through our success.

FAILURE:  Unlike success, it seems like such a finite word.  That once we have failed that’s it!  It’s over!  But I see failures and mistakes as a lesson.  What can we take away from the experience?  What can we do to succeed next time?  How can we take the negative and turn it in to a positive?  If a failure isn’t addressed automatically by a million ‘what if’ and ‘how to’ questions then the failure will consume us… and only when it consumes and we give up do we really fail.  I try not to let my fears of being told ‘NO’, ‘you can’t’ or the millions of other negative comments keep me from pursuing my goals.  I use it as an opportunity to explore that section of your life; and often remind myself that what is meant to be will be (though a certain amount of energy, work and determination are required).

POSITIVITY/NEGATIVITY:  the yin and yang, light and dark, happy and sad of the world.  We can’t go around in life complaining about everything and everyone and expect to be happy and content with ourselves.  Most often I have to remind myself that everyone has their struggles, chances are we don’t know what they even are.  What a better way to live giving encouragement, advice and well wishes to others during their time of struggle (the positivity) than bad talking, mocking or IGNORING (the negative).  Be the friend to others you wish to have in this world.

I do my best to positively reach out to the world and the people in it every day.  I remind myself that there is nothing expected from the world or others in return for what I offer.  Through my deeds and successes I open a door inside to a happy life.  As always, thank you… forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment