Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9th

Day 9: Jenn in July 
(Day 39: Journey Continued June, Day 70: Made it May, Day 100: Appreciation April, Day 131: Mending March, Day 159: Fitness February, Day 190: No Junk Food January)

Here we go!!  Another new month with new goals and objectives!  Jenn in July is going to encompass many of the things I’ve wanted to do or have needed to do, but have put off because I’m scared, lazy, etc.  Of course as with every new month all the previous objectives from the months before still apply!  With it being month seven now, things are a bit crazy!!  So many wonderful ideas that help keep me on track and motivated.
The first HUGE goal for July that I have been sloughing off is giving up soda completely!  I was a big cheater- still drinking zero calorie sodas.  Enough is enough!  I know that even zero calorie sodas are not all the great for you, so soda is out… for the rest of the year!!  Thanks to those who made the suggestions- the V8 V-fusion is pretty tasty with a nice natural energy kick!  And La Croix and Schweppes flavored seltzer water gives you the soda fizz I am missing!  So if I’m a little cranky and caffeine deprived over the next few days while I detox, I apologize.
One other I can discuss now was getting back on my strict diet which includes logging everything I eat or drink.  It’s a pain in the butt sometimes to note every item that goes into your mouth, but it seriously opens your eyes to your eating habits (good and bad).  For the past four days (had a little bit of a late start with July- figured I’d enjoy Independence Day) everything eaten/drank has been accounted for.  I know using this method helped me to successfully lose my first 50 pounds! I am shooting for 20 more pounds on top of that first 50… and since today was weigh in day I can proudly say already down the first 2 pounds out of the 20!  Proof to me that diet is one of the most important keys to my weight loss success.  (And a reminder- starting weight was 207 pounds on January 1st, 2014… after 50 pounds lost I was at 157 pounds around May 2014.  Around 155-153 currently… the 140s are so CLOSE!!)
There are lots of other little things, but I will blog about them after they are done.  No counting my chickens before the eggs hatch, lol
Moving forward one day at a time… Keeping my heart and mind positive…  Always grateful and forever thankful for all the support, motivation and help over this past year so far!  Looking forward to the new and exciting things ahead in July!!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment