Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16th

Day 16: Journey Continued June
(Day 47: Made it May, Day 77: Appreciation April, Day 108: Mending March, Day 136: Fitness February, Day 167: No Junk Food January) 
So today I decided to go back and upload all my old Facebook posts of my journey so far this year to a blog.  I noticed that as time went on my posts became more open- which makes me so proud because that’s the point of this entire thing! 
The journey has been a little up and down the past few days.  I feel my mind and heart being torn in several different directions.  I have yet another huge personal life changing decision hanging over my head.  It’s a little stressful!  Last year I would have been prone to eat my feelings, lol!  Now though I am doing my best to meditate, pray, and write in order to keep my center (with only small doses of ice cream).  I find it so important to have an outlet when you are stressed.  Some people work out more, talk with friends, or go to a special spot (like a place in the MetroParks) that gives them a sense of calm.  Whatever yours may be- find it, use it, never lose it!
Every day is just one step in front of the other, a slow and steady pace.  As long as you are focused on what may come and not was has gone, you are headed in the right direction.  Not everyone may understand what it is you are doing or why you even need to do it- but that’s OK!!  Keep your determination and destination charted!  You are doing this for YOU!
Paraphrasing a quote I once read “Someone once gave me a box full of darkness.  It took me a long time to realize that this too was a gift.”  Life has given us all boxes full of darkness- hard times and difficult situations that test our inner most will power to survive in this world.  The always optimistic me strives to see even the most trying parts of life as something potentially positive.  History (life happenings) is bound to repeat itself if we do not take the opportunity of learning from it.  Let the greatest lessons and hardships from your past be your inspiration and guide for your future. 
Find your center.  Find your courage.  Find your happy.  Live your life to the fullest.  Forever grateful and thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment