Monday, June 16, 2014

June 2nd

Journey Continued June: Day 2
(No Junk Food January: Day 153, Fitness February: Day 122, Mending March: Day 94, Appreciation April: Day 63 and Made it May: Day 33)

This post is a day late and a dollar short- kinda got caught up in work, cleaning and laundry yesterday (the typical awesome Sunday routine). I decided June should be called the Journey Continued June because well… it just makes sense...! LOL! After taking time off in Made it May to revel in my accomplishments of fifty pounds lost, expanding my mind, faith and friendships, etc. it seemed appropriate to call it thus. What does it entail? Exactly what it says! Getting back to the roots of where this journey started at 153 days ago. Nix out all the junk food (no more excuses! I picked up some bad habits in May with all the birthday parties and vacation, lol), get back on a good a regular exercise routine and keep an open heart and mind grateful for all life has to offer!

It’s not always easy to start up again after stopping. So far I keep reminding myself how rewarding and wonderful I felt and the great sense of accomplishment seeing the pounds drop off and the pants get smaller! I found this perfect ‘stay motivated’ pic while scrolling pinterest one night… This Susan has it pretty spot on! For those who were following since the new year, you all know I succeeded at #1 ‘Talk About It!’ Some of you may wish I’d shut up about it too… haha But seriously- talking to others friends and family and posting about it on Facebook or Twitter really do hold you accountable! You get excited responses from others and this boosts your motivation. So never be afraid to share your journey! #2 ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’… looking at pictures over time and comparing them to the now help me see the slow transformation. Makes me smile It may be slow, but it is steady! Everything takes time, so don’t rush it! Diet and exercise the correct and healthy way, this will give you the best and probably more lasting results! #3 ‘Write it down or post it up!’ I think using an app on my phone would be fitting for this one; tracking my food intake, my exercise and weight. It even has this annoying reminder for exercising… I feel guilty if I set it on snooze! #4 ‘Compete with yourself’… NOW THERE’S A TOUGH ONE!! To be honest with you all, I had tried and failed probably a good five times before this current (and more successful) attempt. What made this time different? I did it for me. I stopped thinking about how I looked; it became more about how I felt. In this day in age where media sets these uber anorexic standards it’s difficult to not listen or see. Ignore it the best you can and focus on yourself! Last, #5 ‘Join a Group’. Well this one doesn’t apply to me so much… I refuse to pay for a gym membership because I’m cheap, haha! In all honesty though- what’s the point of having one when you could go for a jog in the park and see the beauty of nature? Anyone interested in joining me on said walk/jog let me know, we’ll be our own little gang.

So, it’s back on track with a vengeance!! The weight loss goal has been decreased another ten pounds… which I haven’t lost any of, lol…. But, ROME WASN’T BUILT IN A DAY! See what I did there?! Praying as the weeks go on I will have great things to share. Always here if you have any questions and forever grateful to be able to share this with everyone! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment